Post new topic   Reply to topic    PuG Mercenary Company Forum Index -> Guild Policies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhadamanthys
War Council

re: Guidelines and Expectations

Days/Times
Sunday / Monday @ 8:30-11:30 EST

Leadership
Threetrees – Protection Warrior – Raid Leader

Focus
While I sincerely hope that all team members like one another and enjoy the time we spend together, the goal of this team is to kill bosses in the most efficient and “clean” manner possible. While we are not pushing for a World First kill, we will make the most of the 9 hours we will spend in raid each week, and I don’t feel that Server First, or at least reasonably close to it, is unattainable.

- Threetrees

Attendance/Tardy Policy
Simply put, I expect all members of Team Shadow to be present and accounted for each and every raid night. Members should shoot for 100% attendance, and make prior arrangements (i.e. at least one day advance notice) with the Raid Leader (Threetrees) if raid must be missed. “No show / No call” will not be tolerated, and more than one offense to this effect will result in dismissal from the team.

Members are expected to be online and ready to raid (have all relevant flasks, potions, enchants, gems, etc.) between 8:20-8:30 EST. Occasional reasonable tardiness is acceptable (Reasonable = the amount of time it takes to clear the trash preceding a boss). I will not allow responsible team members to stare at a boss while we wait for one person to grace us with their presence, so excessive or consistent tardiness will result in the offender being replaced for the night and/or permanently.

Normal/Heroic difficulty is tuned for 10-30 people, so all 25 members will be participating. Mythic is set to a static 20, so not everyone will be able to participate on every boss every night. The leadership of the team will decide who is coming for what bosses in Mythic, and these personnel will be chosen on a basis of what we feel gives our team the best chance possible to down the boss. We will strive to be as fair as possible, and at some point at team members will down every boss for kills/loot in Mythic.

Pre-Raid Preparation
Team members are expected to view pre-approved video strategy guides on the current progression boss, and be at least one boss ahead in terms of preparation. Additional video and reading supplements are encouraged. In addition, all team members are expected to stay on the cutting edge of the latest research and development for their chosen class and spec in order to perform to the very best of their abilities, as well as regularly looking over logs in order to find ways to maximize performance. The leadership team will regularly peruse logs in order to find ways to improve individual performance (and by extension raid performance) for raiders under their purview, and raiders should be ready and willing to accept any constructive criticism brought to their attention. Finally, raiders should have all relevant flasks, potions, gems, enchants, etc. equipped and optimized prior to raid time.

Raiders are expected to maintain their own stock of Augmentation Runes and +125 Stat Food, and use those items with a boss kill is within reach (and all the time during farm).

Communication
Communication during raid will be handled as professionally and respectfully as possible. When adjustments to the team and/or individuals must happen, they will happen in an appropriate fashion. No one will be “called out” in the raid voice or text chat. Individuals that as designated for intervention from one of their leads will be asked to drop the appropriate Mumble Channel.

I want us to have a good time, but please refrain from irrelevant conversation in both raid and voice chat during the pre-pull planning phases and during the pulls themselves. Prior to raid, the leadership will have pre-assigned “call-outs” and the like, and they should be the only speakers heard during a pull. Trash, breaks, and running back the boss following a wipe is an appropriate team to lighten the mood and joke around.

Loot
Our Guild currently uses the EPGP Lootmaster system. Any questions and/or concerns should be brought to Dorlomin.

AFK/Breaks
We will take a five minute break at the halfway point of our raid night, which equates to roughly 10:00 EST. Other breaks also may be taken if the leadership team deems necessary. If you must go AFK and we are not on break, please do so for a valid reason, and return in a timely manner. Again, I will not stand staring at a boss waiting for one person. Trash clearing does not equal a free pass to go AFK, and raiders who regularly do so will be replaced.

Final Thoughts
Thank you for taking the time to read these guidelines. If what I have posted here sounds unreasonable to you, then progression first raiding (or at least progression first raiding in this guild) may not be for you. If you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

- Threetrees

Jump to: